Stephen Coyle - CV
Stephen Coyle is an enthusiastic composer, developer and videographer, with an excellent aptitude for acquiring new skills, project organisation and time management. He is interested primarily in three areas; music composition, software development and video production, and has engaged in complex projects involving each of these areas. He is always keen to take part in new projects, particularly ones involving cross-discipline concepts, and has a wide range of skills. Stephen can be contacted by email any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Assistant (BMus course), Queen’s University, Belfast.
- Freelance Composer (2008-present)
- Freelance Developer (2015-present)
- Freelance Videographer (2011-present)
- Freelance Piano and Music Theory Teacher (2008-present)
Speaker, Úll 2016 Conference (November 2016)
- gave a talk on the experience of developing software from a creative background
Composer-In-Residence, Ulster Youth Choir (2016-2017)
- commissioned to compose a piece for the choir, and give workshops, etc.
Composer-In-Residence, IConArts Festival (July 2016)
- commissioned to compose a piece for Veronica Anusca and the IConArts permission ensemble
- PhD in Music (Composition), Queen’s University, Belfast (in progress, started 2014)
- MA in Music, with Distinction, Queen’s University, Belfast (2012-2013)
- BMus in Music, First-Class Honours, Queen’s University, Belfast (2009-2012)
- Darkly Bright, composer for Ulster Youth Choir and premiered on 30 July 2016.
- Two Unusual Stories, for soprano and percussion ensemble, premiere on 27 July 2016 in Sibiu, Romania.
- Eske, for piano trio, premiered in February by the Hard Rain Soloist Ensemble in the Harty Room, Belfast.
- Lady Death, a short film by Karen Quinn, filmed with QuothMe Productions (DoP).
- The Worry Jar, a short film by Karen Quinn, filmed with QuothMe Productions (DoP).
- First There Are Whispers, a short film premiered at the Aubagne International Film Festival in March 2014 (Writer, Director, DoP).
- Tapt, a music puzzle game for iOS. Released in June 2016.
- Hyperbolizer, a social media app for iOS. Released in September 2016.
- experience writing classical, film, and popular music
- adept at writing for any kind of ensemble
- developer of several apps for iOS
- strong knowledge of the Swift programming language
- comprehensive ability to go from initial idea/design to a completed product
- working knowledge of Python, C and several other languages
Videography and Design
- experienced with a variety of camera systems, particularly Canon and Panasonic
- comprehensive knowledge of Adobe’s creative suite
- experience doing video and sound editing for large-scale projects
- extensive experience in photo processing and editing
- varied experience at other areas including electronics, computer assembly, writing, systems administration